Americanexpress.com/confirmcard is the official website of American Express to confirm their credit cards online.
Here, we help you to confirm your Amex card online, in case you’re clueless on how to do that.
Now, if you’re already familiar with the process, you can click here to access www.americanexpress.com/confirmcard.
If not, and you need help doing this, follow the step by step guide we’ve down below, read on.
Table of Contents
|Website Link||Click Here|
How to confirm your American Express card online?
Follow the below given steps to know how to complete the card confirmation process for your AMEX cards:
- Click on the button given below to access https://americanexpress.com/confirmcard, which is the official webpage of AMEX for confirming their card on their official site.
- Now, once you’re in the page, you’ll be asked to enter some details and the page will be looking like a credit card from AMEX itself (refer image below).
- Now on this page, you’ll be required to enter the following details such as:
- 15 digit card number
- Expiry date
- Now, enter the card details and click on the “Continue” button.
- Next, you’ll be asked to login or register a new account with them.
- If you already have an account on americanexpress.com, login to the account.
- If you don’t have one, you should create a new account on amex.com.
- If you proceeded to create new account, you’ll be taken to the account creation page, where you’ll be first asked to choose:
- Now, you’ll be asked to enter your personal details such as your:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Contact address
- Social security number and more
- After entering everything, your account will be created and you’ll be asked to login using this username and password.
- Now, your card will be confirmed, and you’ll be receiving a confirmation text on your phone and a confirmation mail as well.
About American Express cards
American Express Company is into business of financial services, It’s headquarter is located in Three World Financial Center, New York City and is popularly known as Amex. The company was formed in year 1850, and is one out of 30 components of Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company is widely known for its products namely Credit card, charge card and traveller’s cheque.
The company was started in year 1850 as an express mail business in Buffalo, New York. It was formed as a joint stock corporation by merger of express companies which were owned by Henry Wells (Wells& Company), William G. Fargo (Livingston, Fargo & Company) and John Warren Butterfield (Wells, Butterfield & Company). Initially the headquarter was located in Tribeca (present time name), Manhattan. It was a monopoly vendor on the movement of express shipment throughout the state of New York.
In 1874, American Express shifted to 65 Broadway and designated it as its new headquarter which was emerging financial district of Manahattan.
By arranging affiliation with other express companies such as Fargo, Railroads and Steamship companies. The company entered and exited various line of business namely money ordering, Railroad express, Investment banking and Bank holding company. Finally company entered in consumer card business and is now a top player of Industry. American express has range of credit cards in India which have been discussed here under:
- Platinum Reserve –The applicant must be above 18 years of age, having saving or current account in any bank in India, good credit history, annual income of more than 6 lacks per annum, permanent resident address in India. It has a membership fee of RS 5000 in first year and RS 10000 thereafter every consecutive year. A member get travel benefit on MakeMyTrip, Benefits in Taj, Oberoi and other preferred hotel chains, complimentary access to selected Airport lounges and health and wellness benefits in Max and Fortis like healthcare chains.
- Membership Reward- It is a membership credit card having numerous benefits. Member gets reward point on fixed number of transaction in a month, card renewal. Point can be redeemed to buy gold and can also be purchased to split heavy payment into EMIs.
- Platinum Credit Card- It’s is another American Express Product having added numerous travel benefits. It provides vouchers on travel for some pre-decided spending on travel with Amex Card. Complimentary access to Airport Lounges re provided and additional discounts and cash backs are offered on booking with the travel partner Make My Trip. All the general eligibility criteria of Amex are applicable on this product as well. It’s a go ahead deal for avid travellers.
- Payback Credit Card- It is a credit card by Amex with a number of payback benefits. Member gets designated payback while using this card and can get them redeemed at specified online and offline merchant and can save heavily on his pocket.
Amex offers eight such card in India with varying benefits and its changes country to country. In 2016, Amex network card accounted for 22.9% of total dollar volume of credit card transaction in US. In 2017, Fortune ranked American Express 17th in most admired companies worldwide.
Need help confirming your AMEX Card?
Having issues related to confirming your card?
You can simply contact the American Express customer support team and they’ll help you sort it out.
Below given is the customer service contact numbers for card activation help for American Express customers:
You can also contact them on live chat by clicking here.
We hope you were able to confirm your AMEX card using americanexpress.com/confirmcard and get the activation of your card done using the steps we mentioned in this page. Do let us know in comments if you faced any difficulties in doing so, we’ll try to help you as much as we can!