Americanexpress.com/confirmcard is the official website of American Express to confirm their credit cards online.
Here, we help you to confirm your Amex card online, in case you’re clueless on how to do that.
Now, if you’re already familiar with the process, you can click the website link given below to access www.americanexpress.com/confirmcard.
If not, and you need help doing this, follow the step by step guide we’ve down below, read on. Also, did you know you can confirm the card on the phone? Click here to go straight to call them.
Table of Contents
|Website Link||Click Here|
How to confirm your American Express card online?
Follow the below-given steps to know how to complete the card confirmation process for your AMEX cards:
- Click on the button given below to access https://americanexpress.com/confirmcard, which is the official webpage of AMEX for confirming their card on their official site.
- Now, once you’re on the page, you’ll be asked to enter some details and the page will be looking like a credit card from AMEX itself (refer image below).
- Now on this page, you’ll be required to enter the following details such as:
- 15 digit card number
- Expiry date
- Now, enter the card details and click on the “Continue” button.
- Next, you’ll be asked to log in or register a new account with them.
- If you already have an account on americanexpress.com, login to the account.
- If you don’t have one, you should create a new account on amex.com.
- If you proceeded to create a new account, you’ll be taken to the account creation page, where you’ll be first asked to choose:
- Now, you’ll be asked to enter your details such as your:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Contact address
- Social security number and more
- After entering everything, your account will be created and you’ll be asked to log in using this username and password.
- Now, your card will be confirmed, and you’ll be receiving a confirmation text on your phone and a confirmation mail as well.
How to confirm your AMEX card on the phone?
You can also confirm your American Express card on phone.
Below given is the AMEX card confirmation hotline:
Just call this toll free number and follow the instructions for confirming your card on phone. This might just be a simpler approach than confirming your card online using americanexpress.comconfirmcard website.
About American Express cards
American Express Company is into the business of financial services, It’s headquarter is located in Three World Financial Center, New York City and is popularly known as Amex. The company was formed in the year 1850, and is one out of 30 components of Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company is widely known for its products namely Credit card, charge card, and traveler’s cheque.
The company was started in the year 1850 as an express mail business in Buffalo, New York. It was formed as a joint-stock corporation by the merger of express companies which were owned by Henry Wells (Wells& Company), William G. Fargo (Livingston, Fargo & Company) and John Warren Butterfield (Wells, Butterfield & Company). Initially, the headquarter was located in Tribeca (present time name), Manhattan. It was a monopoly vendor on the movement of express shipment throughout the state of New York.
In 1874, American Express shifted to 65 Broadway and designated it as its new headquarter which was the emerging financial district of Manhattan.
By arranging affiliation with other express companies such as Fargo, Railroads and Steamship companies. The company entered and exited various lines of business namely money ordering, Railroad express, Investment banking, and Bank holding company. Finally, the company entered in consumer card business and is now a top player of Industry. American Express has a range of credit cards in India which have been discussed hereunder:
- Platinum Reserve –The applicant must be above 18 years of age, having savings or current account in any bank in India, good credit history, the annual income of more than 6 lacks per annum, permanent resident address in India. It has a membership fee of RS 5000 in the first year and RS 10000 thereafter every consecutive year. A member gets travel benefit on MakeMyTrip, Benefits in Taj, Oberoi and other preferred hotel chains, complimentary access to selected Airport lounges and health and wellness benefits in Max and Fortis like healthcare chains.
- Membership Reward- It is a membership credit card having numerous benefits. Member gets a reward point on a fixed number of transactions in a month, card renewal. The point can be redeemed to buy gold and can also be purchased to split the heavy payments into EMIs.
- Platinum Credit Card- It’s is another American Express Product having added numerous travel benefits. It provides vouchers on travel for some pre-decided spending on travel with Amex Card. Complimentary access to Airport Lounges re provided and additional discounts and cash backs are offered on booking with the travel partner Make My Trip. All the general eligibility criteria of Amex apply to this product as well. It’s a go-ahead deal for avid travelers.
- Payback Credit Card- It is a credit card by Amex with several payback benefits. Member gets designated payback while using this card and can get them redeemed at the specified online and offline merchant and can save heavily on his pocket.
Amex offers eight such cards in India with varying benefits and its changes country to country. In 2016, the Amex network card accounted for 22.9% of the total dollar volume of credit card transactions in the US. In 2017, Fortune ranked American Express 17th in most admired companies worldwide.
Need help confirming your AMEX Card?
Having issues related to confirming your card?
You can simply contact the American Express customer support team and they’ll help you sort it out.
Below given is the customer service contact numbers for card activation help for American Express customers:
You can also contact them on live chat by clicking here.
American Express card reviews
- Trustpilot- 3/5 stars from 638 reviews.
- Consumer Affairs– 3.8/5 stars from 952 reviews.
- WalletHub– 3.9/5 stars from 20537 reviews.
We hope you were able to confirm your AMEX card using americanexpress.com/confirmcard and get the activation of your card done using the steps we mentioned on this page. Do let us know in comments if you faced any difficulties in doing so, we’ll try to help you as much as we can!